1. Use GNH values and principles as educational foundation for FoTM’s programmes.
2 . Provide relevant education and training in gSo-ba Rig-pa to both national and international students.
3. Create sufficient capacity to ensure self reliance in the provision of traditional medical services.
4. Enhance the quality of educational programs through increasing international partnerships and collaborations.
5. Serve as knowledge hub in traditional medicine by working closely with community and industry.
6. Contribute to opening up new paths to better future through research and inquiry.
7. Provide continuing medical education for enhancing the knowledge and skills.
8. Diversify gSo-ba Rig-pa education programme based on current health needs of the country.
9. Preserve and promote the rich culture heritage.
Core Values : Rich culture and tradition of ancient healing known as gSo-ba Rig-pa. Health and well being. High quality of GNH inspired education in traditional medicine. Creativity and innovation. Research and development. Integration of traditional medicine with modern health care system. Compassion and fairness. Spiritual healing and practice.
The Faculty of Traditional Medicine is one of the constituent faculty under Khesar Gyalpo University of Medical Sciences of Bhutan and is responsible for the development of human resources required for the delivery of traditional medical services in the country.The FoTM programmes are recognized by the Bhutan Medical and Health Council and the Royal Civil Service Commission.